Download Forms

2015 DD-214 Request
Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you
Military Discharge

The military services encourage military personnel to file their discharge papers (DD 214) with the County Clerk in the county of residence.  This includes members of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Armed Forces Reserve, or an Armed Forces Auxiliary.

Texas Local Government Code, Section 192.002 authorizes the County Clerk to file the military discharge at no charge.

By filing the military discharge form in the public records, a permanent record is maintained for future proof of service for veteran's benefits. The original will be returned to the owner after recording.  Military Discharge records are considered confidential.

For more information on local government code please visit the following website.


For more information on federal government code please visit the following website.